Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Havalah's Quiet Book

Happy New Year! I hope you had a good New Year's Eve and that today looks out on a bright year for you. I love the freshness of a new year and, like many of you, have some resolutions that I'm starting today. If you're trying to think of a resolution, might I suggest making a quiet book? Putting your ideas into action and actually creating this keepsake for a child you know could be a great project for you this year. :)

Going along with the freshness and brightness of the new year, I get to share a bright and crisp quiet book with you today! This awesome quiet book was made by Havalah from the blog Sisters, Sisters. (She, with her friends, also recently made a second quiet book in a quiet book exchange, which you can find here!) Her pages include activities based off art, scripture scenes, and nature scenes. And they are so colorful and fun! I know my own toddler would love her ocean page with all the different animals, and it makes me want to start making one right away. So enjoy Havalah's book, and be inspired!



Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence.
Havalah. I love to sew, to be challenged creatively and make something that would make my little one smile.

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they? 
I made it for my little boy when he was 18 months but he is now almost 3!

What's your level of sewing experience?
 Beginner to intermediate, depending on the project.

How long did it take you?
I have no idea.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found? 
I used a few, they are linked on my blog: Sisters, Sisters: Quiet Book Pages

How did you bind your quiet book? 
I did individual pages and made button holes then used big rings to hold it together.

What material are the pages made out of? 
Cotton fabric, heavy duty pellon, felt, and some fleece.

How much did all the supplies cost you? 
I'm not sure exactly; it took me some time to do all the pages.

What's your favorite page? Why?
I love my shape pages and maze pages.


To see Havalah's quiet book on her on her own blog (with more info and links to the templates she used), check out these pages:
the Beastly Sunday Quiet Book - Churchy pages
Quiet Book Pages: non-churchy pages
Shapes Quiet Book Page Tutorial

And to see the quiet book Havalah and her friends made in a quiet book exchange, click here:
Quiet Book Pages Take 2

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome quiet book with us Havalah!


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

2 comments:

  1. I love the missionary pages! I'm making a quiet book right now for a future grandchild. I don't have grandchildren yet, but I decided to start this while I have a lot of free time. I did post some pictures of some of the pages awhile back. My sister also just finished a quiet book, and a "noisy book". She also blogged about those. (Http://insidestories.blogspot.com). I can't finish mine yet because I am living abroad and don't have a sewing machine here. I'm doing it all by hand. I'm having fun though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went and looked, here is a link to what I have done so far. I'll sew the pages when I return to the states this summer. http://lifeonalimb.blogspot.com/2013/10/long-term-project.html

    ReplyDelete